25 September 2018

RC Dork: The RC history Part 2

A small step up.

When I was a little older, Santa (well, his brother Sinterklaas, or actually my parents) brought me a Bandai Black Max, a (for those days) futuristic looking buggy. Still toy grade, still non-proportional steering, but this one actually had some speed and power to it.

Again, not mine, but one just like it. Picture courtesy of the internet.

Enough power to keep up with my the Nikko Turbo Panther that one of my friends had. And to make me break a steering knuckle in the first few weeks I had it. I was devastated, but my dad somehow managed to get a set of cast aluminium steering knuckles for it. This vehicle actually had a low and a high gear, but the high gear was pretty much useless, as the distance it took to get up to speed was just about as long as the range of the transmitter. Over time I broke off parts of the rear wing in some spectacular crashes and I wore down the tires to beyond slicks.
I can't really remember what happened to this car, so I assume that my parents threw out its worn down carcass at some point.

P.S. If you have one of these for sale, in decent working condition and for a reasonable price, drop me a message :)

No comments:

Post a Comment