29 September 2018

RC Dork: The RC history Part 6

The dark ages.

My brother in law had moved in with his girlfriend and now lived far away. Racing alone was no fun. Occasionally I would come across other parkinglot bashers, but I wasn't really welcome to join them, as my competition grade car was faster than even their quickest 3 speed Nitro. I got caught up in life, work, started hanging out with a group of 1:1 street racers, started to have more problems with my ADD (which I didn't know I had at the time), came close to completely blowing it with my girlfriend (it all worked out in the end, as you might have guessed from the fact that I referred to my RC buddy as brother in law), lost my job, found a new one, but in general went through a pretty dark time. I didn't notice it a lot back then, but looking back, it was pretty bad.
RC went on the back burner again. And life took my wife and myself through some pretty dark times. We moved to another city for work, had too many cancer related deaths in the family, including my mother in law (it's just not fair, you finally find a good one and then they bail out on you :( ). Lost my job twice in 6 months to outsourcing only 2 years after moving to a new city for that job (the 2nd time was a similar job at a different company, in the same city i used to work before I moved. The second time I lost my job came just after I had found out I was going to become a dad. But by now I had married the girl I loved, bought a house, had 2 awesome pet bunnies and a psycho dingo for a dog. And I would be a dad soon... So I had a lot going for me too. I decided not to mope around and went looking for a new job. Found it, and managed to tell my old boss to go f#ck himself before the end date of my expiring contract was reached. As you can imagine, there was little place and time for RC in my life. But the love never died.

No comments:

Post a Comment