01 October 2018

RC Dork: The RC history Part 8

The next generation.

Well, it took a lot of getting used to the high center of gravity of a monstertruck when coming from on-road. But it was fun. I had fun, my kid sayd he loved it too. So I gave the little truck to him and bought a HPI Racing Bullet Flux MT for myself. We went out to drive our trucks a few times, but I noticed my kid didn't seem to enjoy it much. I was pissed off, I only went with the monstertrucks because he liked them. Had he not said he wanted this, I would have gone with a very different RC vehicle. The little one tends to keep things inside, but after a while I managed to figure out that he was overwhelmed by the speed of his truck. I told him he should have told me before, because we can fix such things. So I soldered together a speed limiter and installed that in his truck, but he was still not confident.

Not ours, but ones just like them. Pictures courtesy of the internet.


So I bought a couple of cheap 1:28 scale trucks, so he could practice driving without having to worry. We made a cardboard ramp and blasted around the livingroom. We both got a lot better with the trucks, but he was still scared of the speed.
In the mean time, I kept bashing with the HPI Bullet as well, but usually not much more than running up and down the street and doing jumps over the speedbumps. My better half didn't like us ripping up the livingroom, the seasons changed and the weather outside was wet and nasty so street bashing was not much fun. And then we made a discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment